This is for you, Rich - in and for YOUR honor ...the good, the bad - happy and sad ...you are truly missed, ya big pain in the ass.

Rich was only 42 years old when he died - this is his legacy.

Please feel free to add to this blog.

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A visit


The other day I went over to Richie's house (his grave - what an awful word..ugggh) Well, it is what it is.

So, we planted a Japanese Queen Maple right above where his headstone will be (haven't gotten the headstone yet). This tree is a weeping red maple and I suspect that when it is full grown, it will be a sight indeed. Anyway, during our most recent blizzard, I took a walk down to the graveyard and amidst the flurry of white-there stood the red maple, like a beacon.

The last six months or so have been so gray and foggy - it's been very difficult realizing Rich is gone. I keep hearinghis voice echoing around my brain, maybe he's trying to talk to me or perhaps I'm just trying to remember what his voice sounds like.

Merry Christmas Richie !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment